Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good
Last night Tay and I were looking through paint swatches. She was trying to convince me that Jess was crazy not to let her paint her room blue. As I was thumbing through the swatches, she was climbing all over me and kept putting her arms around my neck and squeezing a bit too hard. "Tay, why do you have to hang all over me?"

"Daddy, I haven't seen you all day".


The Bad
Waking up this morning when the alarm went off at 5am. My whole body was sore from working out. It was still dark outside. And cold. I just wanted to take a day off and spend the next few hours under the covers.


The Ugly
Everyone that knows Jess really well (namely, me, Tay, Rylee, and Jayson) knows how much she likes to pick at skin blemishes. She often makes small blemishes worse (and bigger, and sometimes bloody). Her favorite thing to do is to pop our zits. Especially mine. Especially the ones on my scalp that pop loudly. I tolerate it because it makes her happy---and sometimes it helps me out.

Last night I had one on the inside of one of my nostrils. It has been getting more and more painful for the past few days. It's the kind that makes your eyes water when you try to pop it. I couldn't get my fat fingers in there to pop it, so I turned to Jess. She made me let her search for face and scalp zits first (picture a monkey picking through the fur of it's branch-mate). She wasn't that excited to help me out because of the location. She made me clean the nostril thoroughly before she attempted.

She squeezed so hard, I thought my head was going to explode.
"Did you get it?" I said through watering eyes.
"No"
She squeezed again.
"Did you get it?" Tears were streaming down my face.
"No"
She tried one more time.
Then she got up and walked away.
"Did you get it?" My face felt like it was going to burst.
"Nope. I just threw up in my mouth."

Guess I'm on my own for the nostril zits in the future. And my nose hurts worse than ever.

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Oh Sean...great post! Jess is really funny about that and has done it all her life!!!
Eli had a zit on each cheek last week and the comment was made that he should be grateful Auntie Jess wasn't around or she would have popped them!!!

Shantelle said...

Does Jess know you wrote this?

Helen said...

You are really lucky she'll do that for you. I begged Ryan to get one I couldn't reach on my back and it didn't work. Fun blog! I'm glad I found you:)

Maria said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sounds familiar...:) It just further cements in my mind that Jess is just a much skinnier version of myself.

p.s. I also hate getting up early, and I loved your story about Taylor. What a sweet girl she is!